According to this Resolution, the Ministry of Health shall purchase, import (under the bidding mechanism) around 150 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines in 2021 for people aged at least 18 Read more
People of the following groups shall be given priority to free vaccines:
1. Front-liners in COVID-19 prevention and control, including: Healthcare workers, staff at designated quarantine sites, military and public security forces, etc.
2. Vietnamese diplomats to be sent abroad, customs and immigration officers;
3. Essential service workers in such sectors like aviation, transport, tourism, electricity and water supply, etc.
4. Teachers and those who work at education and training facilities, those who work at administrative agencies that have regular contact with various people;
5. People with chronic illnesses, people aged above 65;
6. Residents in pandemic-hit areas;
7. Poor people, policy beneficiaries;
8. Those who will be sent abroad for business, learning or working by competent regulatory agencies.
This Resolution comes into force as of the date of signing.
From February 8th, 2021, foreigners and Vietnamese nationals, upon entry into Vietnam, shall bear the test expenses according to applicable health service charges. Those who are subject to concentrated quarantine shall bear the following expenses: Read more
- The expense for transport from port of entry to quarantine facility;
- The expense for COVID-19 diagnosis according to applicable health service charges;
- Subsistence expenses (including disinfection and sterilization cost; cost of protection, security, order and other expenses) based on the rates announced by the hotels, resorts, or owners of means of transport.
This resolution takes effect from the date of its signing and replaces Resolution No. 37/NQ-CP dated March 29th, 2020.
This Resolution provides guidelines for approaches to corruption-related or office title-related crimes and guidelines for determination of value of property appropriated, damaged caused by corruption-related or other office title-related crimes as well as approaches to items and money directed to the crimes. Read more
Especially, this Resolution provides for guidelines on some circumstances defined as the basis for determination of a crime as follows:
- “The offender was disciplined for the same offence” provided for in point a clause 1 Articles 353, 354, 355 and 358 of the Criminal Code
- “Having an unspent conviction for any of the offences specified in Section 1 of this Chapter” provided for in clause 1 of Articles 353, 354 and 355 of the Criminal Code
- “Other financial benefits” provided for in Articles 354, 358, 364 and 366 of the Criminal Code
- “Non-financial benefits” provided for in point b clause 1 of Articles 354, 358, 364, 365 and 366 of the Criminal Code
- “Abuse of position or power” provided for in clause 1 Article 355 of the Criminal Code;
- "Misuse of position or powers" provided for in Clause 1, Article 356 of the Criminal Code;
- “For personal gain” provided for in clause 1 Articles 356, 357 and 359 of the Criminal Code
- “Other self-seeking purposes” provided for in clause 1 Articles 356, 357 and 359 of the Criminal Code
- “Damage caused by the offense” provided for in Articles 353, 354, 355 and 358 of the Criminal Code
- “Work secret" provided for in Articles 361 and 362 of the Criminal Code
At the same time, some circumstances as the basis for determination of sentence bracket are also regulated in details, such as “involving deceitful methods”; “employing dangerous methods”; “committing offense more than once”, etc.
Article 7 and Article 9 of this Decree provide guidelines on criminal prosecution in case the offender uses the corrupted property to commit money laundering and criminal prosecution if the offender both appropriates property, takes bribes and causes damage to property.
This Resolution takes effect from February 15th, 2021.
According to this Resolution, “jet fuel” shall be further imposed environmental protection tax at VND 2,100/liter from January 1st, 2021 to the end of December 31st, 2021. Read more
From January 1st, 2022, the environmental protection tax on this goods item shall be VND 3,000/liter.
This Resolution takes effect from January 1st, 2021.
According to this Resolution, the Ministry of Finance will formulate a Decree providing guidance on adding contributions for COVID-19 prevention and control to deductible costs of enterprises and organizations upon determination of income liable to enterprise income tax applicable to 2020 and 2021 in accordance with regulations in Clause 8 Article 3 of Resolution No. 128/2020/QH14. The Decree to is expected to be promulgated in January 2021.
Thu Duc city affiliated to Ho Chi Minh city is officially established from January 1st, 2021 by merging District 2, District 9 and Thu Duc District. Read more
Thu Duc city comprises of 36 wards, borders District 1, District 4, District 7, District 12, Binh Thanh district; Binh Duong province and Dong Nai province.
In addition, some wards of District 3, District 4, District 5, District 10 and Phu Nhuan district (affiliated to Ho Chi Minh city) are also re-arranged. The details are provided in Article 2 of this Resolution.
This Resolution comes into force as of January 1st, 2021.
Since the date of entry into force of this Resolution, Ho Chi Minh city has 22 district-level administrative divisions, including 16 urban districts, 05 suburban districts and 1 city; 312 commune-level administrative divisions, including 58 communes, 249 wards and 05 towns.
The issues taken into consideration in this meeting by the Government include: Read more
-The relief and rescue work and handling of incidents caused by storms and floods, overcoming consequences of natural disasters, and stabilizing people's lives in the Central region;
- The socio-economic situation in the first 10 months and October of 2020;
- Proposal to develop a Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Statistics;
- Draft Resolution of the National Assembly on the collection of expressway service charges through the State-funded expressway tolls;
- Draft Decree on tax administration applicable to enterprises with associated transactions;
- Policies on import tax, value added tax and corporate income tax of ventilators donated to prevent and combat the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Removal of origin declaration of imported road motor vehicles.
Accordingly, the Government unanimously agreed to approve the Decree on tax administration applicable to enterprises with associated transactions and assigned the Ministry of Finance to finalize the draft Decree and submit it to the Prime Minister for signing.
Aiming to remove difficulties for the real estate market because of Covid-19 the Government decided to exempt procedures for approval of investment according to the regulations at Decree No. 11/2013/ND-CP with regard to projects of urban center construction deployed from July 1st, 2015 (the date on which 2014 Law on Investment and 2014 Law on Housing take effect). Read more
Accordingly, if projects of urban center construction on which investment policies have been decided under the Law on Investment or on which investment policies have been approved under the Law on Housing, it is not required to carry out procedures for approval of investment according to Decree No. 11/2013/ND-CP .
With regard to projects have yet to carry out or are carrying out procedures for approval of investment, it is only required carry out procedures for decision on investment policies according to the Law on Housing or approval of investment policies according to the Law on Housing without having to carry out procedures for approval of investment.
Particularly, if projects on which investment policies have been decided and on which investment policies have been approved and the investment has been also approved according to Decree No. 11/2013/ND-CP , the projects shall be executed according to such decisions.
The Government amended conditions for obtain loan to pay allowance to suspended employees; conditions for suspension of contribution to the retirement and survivorship allowance fund and addition of entities that are eligible for assistance due to affects of the Covid-19 pandemic. Read more
Accordingly, any employer whose revenue in quarter I/2020 decreases by at least 20% compared to quarter IV/2019 or the revenue in the quarter preceding the time of application for a loan decreases by at least 20% compared to the same period quarter of 2019 shall be entitled to apply for an unsecured loan that is worth up to 50% of total region-based minimum wages to pay suspension allowance. The old regulations required that the employer has paid at least 50% of suspension allowance to their employees during the period from April to June 2020.
With regard to conditions for suspension of contribution to the retirement and survivorship allowance, it only requires that the employer has to lay off at least 20% of the number of employees who have social insurance instead of 50% under the earlier regulations. However, the period of suspension of contribution to the retirement and survivorship allowance is only 3 months instead of 12 months as prescribed in Resolution No. 42/NQ-CP .
Teachers of people-founded and private educational institutions from nursery to high school are also entitled to receive an assistant of VND 1.800.000/person/month for up to 3 months if their employment contracts suspended or they have to take unpaid leave for at least 01 month.
This Resolution takes effect from the date of its signing.
The site vietlawtoday.com is to use for outside of Vietnam only